The Interdisciplinary Centre for Clinical Research (IZKF), Münster is a scientific alliance within the Faculty of Medicine of the WWU Münster. The comprehensive goals of the IZKF include:
- Establishing efficient and powerful structures for interdisciplinary clinical research
- Developing a University-specific research profile
- Targeted promotion of young scientists
- Performance-oriented allocation of research grants
The IZKF Münster
- Conducts research in the three scientific foci Vascular Diseases, Inflammation and Infection as well as Nervous System Diseases.
- Funds interdisciplinary research projects within the Faculty of Medicine, placing special emphasis on funding young talented clinician scientists.
- Disseminates knowledge by organising scientific retreats, workshops as well as national and international symposia.
- Provides expert advice and information in all patent right matters relevant to biomedical sciences in close collaboration with the patenting and licencing office Clinic Invent.