Research focuses on the relation between functional and structural aspects of brain processes and psychological functions. We apply functional and structural imaging techniques such as functional and structural magnetic resonance imaging (MRT) and electrophysiology (e.g. electroencephalography (EEG)) to investigate cognitive functions in healthy participants and in patients with psychiatric or neuopsychological disorders.
- Normal and impaired emotional processing and emotion recognition
- Fear, anxiety and anxiety disorders
- The role of attention and consciousness in emotional processing
- Normal and impaired processing of nociceptive stimulation
- Normal and impaired processing of performance feedback
- Neural plasticity
- Prediction and evaluation of psychotherapeutic and neuropsychological interventions in psychiatric and neuropsychological disorders