Beside of registration of the magnetic field (Magneto-encephalography, MEG) generated by the human brain the acquisition of the electric potentials at the head surface (Electro-encephalograpy, EEG) is of main interest in most of the neuro-physilogical studies applied at our institute.
The facility therefore drives three units for EEG recordings on humans.
One EEG system integrated in the Neuromagnetometer system enables us to perform combined temporally fully synchronized MEG and EEG recordings.
A further portable and (f)MRI compatible EEG recording unit is used for simultaneous EEG and fMRI recordings.
A third system located in a electrically and acoustically shielded chamber (Faraday cage) is applied for standalone EEG recordings.
- EEG recording unit fully integrated in MEG system
- 128 channel amplifiers (120 unipolar, 8 bipolar channels)
- currently applied using a 'Fast n Easy 79 channel EEG cap' (Manufacturer: EASYCAP GmbH, Hersching, Germany)
- enables combined temporally exactly synchronized MEG and EEG recordings
- portable EEG recording unit (fMRI compatible)
- Model: BRAINAMP MR plus 32 channel DC-EEG/EP - Recording System
- Manufacturer: BrainProducts GmbH, Gilching, Germany
- currently applied using a 'Fast n Easy 30 channel MR compatible EEG cap' (Manufacturer: EASYCAP GmbH, Hersching, Germany)
- (f)MRI compatible (including SyncBox to temporally synchronize EEG recorder and MR pulse clock)
- standalone EEG recording system
- 128 channel HydroCel Geodesic Sensor Net
- NetAmps 300 amplifiers
- Net Station software
- Manufacturer: Electrical Geodesics, Inc., Eugene, USA
- placed in an electrically (Faraday) and acoustically shielded chamber